Massage is therapeutic bodywork that focuses on the special needs of the mom to be as her body goes through the dramatic changes of pregnancy. The benefits are numerous.
- It enhances the function of muscles and joints, improves circulation, general body tone, and relieves mental and physical fatigue.
- The gentle noninvasive approach of prenatal massage can ease discomfort associated with pregnancy, help the mom-to-be prepare for labor and give her nurturing emotional support.
- Benefits also include a wide range of physiological, emotional and psychological benefits such as reducing stress, headaches, back pain, sciatica, improved blood circulation, stabilizes hormone levels and helps relieve depression and anxiety caused by hormonal changes.
- Soothes and relaxes the nervous system by releasing endorphins into the mothers body. As a result, the expectant mother feels more relaxed and at ease, and will also sleep more easily and deeply.
- Eases the load on the heart and helps keep blood pressure in check
- Offers a natural, safe, drug-free alternative choice for pain relief since taking medications are often limited during pregnancy for the sake of the unborn baby.
- In addition to the physical benefits, prenatal massage provides moms with emotional support and a nurturing touch provided by nonsexual human touch and energy.
Ask your physician or midwife to order a therapeutic medical massage at Babies And Bellies. Some insurance companies and most flexible spending accounts (FSA) cover massage when ordered by a physician. And we accept FSA’s and HSA’s.