Benefits of Childbirth Classes can provide you with a great forum to ask lots of questions and can help you make more informed decisions about key issues surrounding your baby's birth.
Some information you learn from childbirth classes include:
- How your baby is developing
- Healthy developments in your pregnancy
- Warning signs that something is wrong
- How to make your pregnancy, labor, and delivery more comfortable
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- How to tell when you're in labor
- Pain relief options during labor
- What to expect during labor and delivery
- The role of the coach or labor partner
- Dads role
Many classes also address what to expect after the baby is born, including breastfeeding, baby care, and dealing with the emotional changes of parenthood. You might also find support from other expectant couples at a childbirth class. Who would better understand the ups and downs of pregnancy than couples who are going through them too? Many people find friends in their childbirth class who last long past the birth of their child.